Sponsored Link

Home » , , » Beyond offbeat films, I want comedy, romance: Mahie Gill

Beyond offbeat films, I want comedy, romance: Mahie Gill

Bollywood Actress Mahie Gill, who started her film career with Anurag Kashyap's Dev D, a modern day take on Devdas, says it's not a conscious decision to star in offbeat films. In fact, she wants to explore other genres too.

"I wanted to work with intelligent and good directors...these are the kind of films that they are making. They are offbeat subjects, interesting subjects, new subjects. I am lucky that I am doing that kind of roles," said Mahie.

"But at the same time as an actor, I need to explore myself further because I too want to do comedies, I want to do romantic roles," added the 36-year-old.

The critically acclaimed actress played characters with negative shades in Sahib, Biwi aur Gangster and Not a Love Story, and says there's a special reason behind it.

"A lot of my directors tell me that I have a very innocent face. So when with an innocent face you play a character with negative shades, it looks even more interesting," said Mahie.

Mahie is currently busy promoting her forthcoming film Paan Singh Tomar, which has Irrfan Khan as the male lead. Directed by Tigmanshu Dhulia, the film hits theatres March 2.
Share this article :

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Maskolis | Johny Portal | Johny Magazine | Johny News | Johny Demosite
Copyright © 2011. Bollywood and Hollywood News - All Rights Reserved
Template Modify by Creating Website Inspired Wordpress Hack
Proudly powered by Blogger